25 Female Adventure seeker Clumsy
Loud Fierce Protective Hopelessly single and loves to write...

Monday, July 05, 2010

and the finishing line is in sight...

35 days left and it marks my one year of living in Bangalore..
With the highs and the lows the city has put me through, almost a year later as I stretch out in the comfort of my humble abode (yes my house still makes me smile!) I say,
I am settled
.
I am happy
.
But enough of my contemplative nonsense, this past month has been super busy and one wonders where time has flown...
I am almost to the end of my B.Ed degree..cant believe its almost over... the major hurdles have been crossed and now the finishing line is well in sight.

My student teaching is over, and boy did it go quick. For an entire year we were bombarded by the teachers in our college, telling us how tough it would be, the sleepless nights, the hard work and the stress we would be dealing with.

But honestly it was not as hard as they said it would be...
I was teaching in Mary Immaculate School - Wilson Garden. An all girls school and your truly was teaching 9th grade girls - English and History..
My first day of class, boy was I nervous.. but as soon as I entered the classroom all the nervousness disappeared and I fed off the girls responsiveness!

Smart bunch of kids, with loads of questions and always keeping me on my toes!
I got great feedback from my teachers, teachers from the school and my fellow classmates! I was happy, excited and satisfied with what I was doing!

I think the biggest boost to my ego was that teachers from the school were asked to sit in my class since my classes were so interactive! Modern ages is not an easy topic to teach... I always hated history in school, so my form of teaching was to do the opposite of how I was taught :)
Worked well enough I say :)

Even the principal was observing me on the CTV cameras (creepy but got good feedback!)

As you can see I am still feeding off the high from my student teaching...

Oh and also the whole I have to wear a sari every day... which was totally freaking me out... easy peasy... am now proud to say I can put on a sari, in exactly 7 minutes wohoo!

In other aspects of life... seaman went and had an accident, he is now nursing a broken elbow... layla is gone but she saved his life!
He's in Bangalore, home bound and getting a bit cagey now days, understandably!

Its been movies movies and movies for him... along with games of poker... he aims to win enough to buy a new car, and with my luck in the cards looks like its all from me !!! :)

My past couple of weekends have been spent at WC's house watching 2 and half men and chilling... My weekend house to get away from the city !

I know have a week off before my practical exam, theory exam and valedictory day... 36 days and I am done!!!

Looking for a job, fingers crossed that everything falls into place...

Well thats all from me for now, how do you like the new blog look?

*Listening to Smile by Uncle Kracker

1 comment:

Swapna Maini said...

hey Girl... love your blog... it has a chilled out and honest feel to it!!! Great stuff!! And congratulations on your course and the feedback! I'm sure the kids will miss you like crazy... you must be their most whacko and interesting teacher ever!! lol.. bonne chance for the job!!! :)