25 Female Adventure seeker Clumsy
Loud Fierce Protective Hopelessly single and loves to write...

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blast from the past with a dash of psychological input!

At the end of grade 11 my ‘friends’ suddenly decided they dint want to be friends with me any more. It would have been nice if they had told me. Instead they completely ignored me, whispered behind my back and basically were bitchy (like high school girls are!)

This treatment lasted for about 5 – 6 months. Can you imagine going to school, having people totally ignore you. And those who did speak to you – spoke like you were a condemned person. And the one person who I thought would tell me what was going on, looked right through me when I asked her a question.

Yeah high school girls can be a bitches.

Trust me I know.
I was one and have been on the receiving end as well.

I finally did find out what really happened. Some rumors were spread and instead of confronting me – my ‘friends’ just decided to ostracize me.

Things actually worked out for the best. I made new friends. People who thought I was a stuck up little twit got to know the real me and Blondie and I became best friends.

FYI – she was one of the people who totally ignored me as well

But the point of this post is not to crib about it. It all happened for a reason and I am glad it did. But it did have an effect on me psychologically.

I now have insecurities about friends. Especially close friends. The fear of them suddenly turning their backs on me is high. The fear that some one new who joins will spread rumors about me, or twist my words around leaving me alone constantly plays in my mind.

Why I write about this now I have no idea. I have had an extremely emotional afternoon and rather than facing the issue in front of me I digress into a problem which is mine alone.

No comments: